Study Notes & Alerts
Hindi

Last One Month Strategy for Cracking CLAT

Last One Month Strategy for Cracking CLAT

Exactly a month to go for CLAT! While this may sound far-fetched, all the hard work, dedication, sleepless nights may go in vain if a student doesn’t utilize the last 30 days to the fullest. Treat the last 30 days as 360 hours (assuming you study for 12 hours every day) and then utilize each hour accordingly by taking the following points into consideration:

  1. GrandMasters Box

If there’s one thing you should be devoting your time to during these hours, it should be The GrandMasters Box. The GMB is a carefully curated collection of thousands of questions to be completely solved before attempting AILET, as well as CLAT. It contains questions across all sections, as well as sub-sections (for e.g. both Current Affairs and General Studies). It covers dozens of topics across English, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Legal Aptitude and GK. If you haven’t purchased it already, purchase it here.

  1. Previous Years’ Questions

Practice of the Previous Years’ questions is absolutely important for Legal Aptitude and Mathematics, and recommended for English, GK and Logical Reasoning. While in Legal Aptitude, questions may directly come from previous years’ questions, in Mathematics, practice of previous years’ questions is required to gauge the level of difficulty of questions that usually come in law entrances.

  1. Revision

Follow the 80-20 rule. While 80% of your time should be spent revising your already solved questions (Mocks, Sectional Tests, Topic Tests, Speed Tests etc), remaining 20% of your time should be spent practicing new questions. Don’t deviate from this rule!

  1. Mocks

Solve Mocks! A lot of them! But don’t solve any new Mock without first carefully analyzing the previous one. Thus, on an average, a Mock should be solved every second day- thus giving enough time to analyze each Mock before giving the next one. Don’t forget that analysis is 70% of the whole Mock experience, and taking the Mock is only 30% of that. You’ll only improve by analyzing Mocks, not by just taking them.

Now what does analysis include? It includes:

  1. Checking out the answer to each question, and seeing where you went wrong.
  2. Checking out the funda behind each Legal Reasoning and Critical Reasoning question that you got wrong.
  3. Analyzing your time spent on each section- and checking whether each section got the time it deserved or not.
  4. Checking if any question took disproportionately high time to be solved (Devoting 20 minutes to a difficult puzzle which can only give you a maximum of 5 marks is one such mistake)
  5. Check out your sectional rank- and see how different it is from your overall rank. If there’s a huge gap consistently, work really hard on improving that section.

  1. Relax!

Relax! It’ll turn out to be fine. We’ve seen thousands of examples of students who worked really hard during their preparation- and eventually got the college they dreamt of and deserved. It’s natural to feel a little low whenever you get a Mock score which is lower than your expectations. But don’t worry- keep going. The mistake you may make is not that you feel low- the mistake will be that you stop preparing as a result of that.

Don’t forget- the night is the darkest before dawn

Take here FREE CLAT 2017 Mock test

Click here for CLAT 2017 Correspondence Course

Ram Tiwari
night is darkest before down